Updated on March 2th 2024
Do you want to see photo's of our collection? Just click here!

*** Welcome on Rockhead's KISS Weblog!!! *** Gene Simmons welcomes you to our KISS Weblog!!! *** Just announced: The Gene Simmons Band European Tour 2024, we got our tickets for his shows in Utrecht, Luxembourg & Lierop!!! *** Eric Carr Unfinished Business RSD editions will be released on april 20th 2024!!! *** Ace Frehley 10,000 Volts RSD picture disc edition will be released on april 20th 2024!!! *** New album Ace Frehley 10.000 Volts out now!!! *** Eric Carr Rockology Picture Disc RSD Black Friday Edition out now!!! *** Our KISS Meet & Greet Experience in Brussels!!! *** Our concert reviews from KISS live Amsterdam, Brussels & Cologne 2023 are posted! *** Our KISS Collection is updated with new photo's! *** Eric Carr Rockoloy RSD Deluxe Vinyl & CD Editions out now!!! *** KISS Off The Soundboard: Live In Poughkeepsie out now!!! *** We got our Ace Frehley's 21st Century Singles Collection 7" Vinyl Box Set in! *** We got our KISS Creatures Of The Night 40th Anniversary Deluxe Edition Boxset in!!! *** KISS Off The Soundboard: Live In Des Moines out now!!! *** Our KISS Meet & Greet Experience in Amsterdam!!! *** Check out our reports from the shows we attend during their End Of The Road European Tour 2022! *** Greatest KISS Vinyl out now!!! *** KISS Off The Soundboard: Live In Donnington out now!!! *** KISS Off The Soundboard Live In Virginia Beach out now!!! *** KISS The Music From The Elder Clear Vinyl Edition out now!!! *** We got our KISS Destroyer 45th Super Deluxe Editions in!!! *** KISS Off The Soundboard Tokyo 2001 album out now!!! *** Paul Stanley's Soul Station Now And Then album out now!!! *** Frehley's Origins Vol. 2 album out now!!! *** Our KISS Kruise IX Experience!!! *** Our Ace Frehley Meet & Greet Experience in Miami!!! *** Our Peter Criss Meet & Greet Experience in Miami!!! *** Check out our KISS Meet & Greet Experience @ Graspop! *** Our concert reviews from KISS live In Essen, Graspop, Amsterdam & Iffezheim are posted! *** Check out our KISS Kruise VIII Experience now, including the Gene Simmons Vault Event! *** Check out our Vinnie Vincent Meet & Greet Experience now! *** We're lucky to get our Paul Stanley Puma Sneakers! *** Check out our Gene Simmons Vault Experience now, with video's & photo's! *** Read our Gene Simmons Band concert reviews from Esh-Alzette, Tilburg & Oberhausen! *** Check out all our KISS Kruise Experiences, with many photo's & video's! *** Everything about our Meet & Greet Experiences with Peter Criss in Los Angeles & New York aswell our LA & NY KISS Landmark Tours! *** Read our report about our own KISS/Peter Criss LA & NY sightings tour! *** We've meet Bruce Kulick in New York! *** Check out our concert reviews of the KISS shows in Dortmund, Frankfurt & Rotterdam! *** We got a email from Peter Criss! *** Check out our concert review of Ace Frehley live in Agoura Hills! *** Our visit @ Rock & Brews! *** Check out our reports from the KISS shows: @ Rock Im Revier, Hamburg, Berlin, Leipzig, Amsterdam & Graspop, including our Meet & Greet with KISS in Berlin june 3th 2015! *** Read our reports from the Ace Frehley shows in Amsterdam, Zoetermeer & Bochum 2015!!! *** Check out our trip to see KISS live in Las Vegas, including our visit to the KISS Monster Mini Golf and Paul Stanley's Book Signing! *** Read our Meet & Greet Experience with KISS in Prague, Czech Republic on june 14th 2013!!! *** Check out our report of our trips to see KISS live in Berlin, Germany 2013 and live at the Holmenkollen Sommerfestival in Oslo, Norway on june 30th 2012!!! *** Check out all our reports from the shows we attended during the Sonic Boom Over Europe tour 2010 including our KISS Meet & Greet in Arnhem (NL) *** Our Meet & Greet with Ace Frehley & Bruce Kulick! *** My KISS collection is updated with new photo's! ***

Any questions? Email me @ rockheadskissweblog@hotmail.com.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My KISS Guitar Collection!

Finally the wait is over! I’ve tried to get my hands on it for almost 15 years…

Today my Gene Simmons AXE GS-2 Bassguitar arrived!!!

A big package was waiting for me at home…

When I opened up the package I saw Gene’s face looking at me (LOL) on the beautiful Gig Bag

I couldn’t wait to open up the bag to see the AXE and hold one for the first time in my hands. Wow, what a feeling…what a awesome guitar!!!

The AXE is 34 " in size, has a hard maple neck, rosewood fretboard, diecast tuners and Might Mite pickups in a P/J configuration. Take a closer look to the details…


And here it is hanging on my wall of KISS Guitars, a real eye-catcher!!!

My Paul Stanley Washburn Guitars!

When the new Paul Stanley Washburn Guitar line came out last year, I really like some of them, like the PS400G ones. But I decided not to buy one, because of the high price and because I really would like to add a Gene Simmons guitar to my collection. When I finally got my hands on a Punisher earlier this year (scroll down to read my story about the Punisher) all options where open again, but as owner of 3 Paul Silvertone Guitars in my collection (scroll down to read my story about these guitars) I wasn’t serious thinking to buy one of Paul’s new guitars…

A copple of weeks ago, I was contacted by a local guitarshop with the question if I was interrested in a Paul Stanley Washburn Guitar Set? Sure I was, but still in my mind the expected high price I probely not want to buy this set. The shop-owner invited me to come over and take a look to the guitars and talk about the price. So I went over and expected the guitars, who looked awesome! When I finally hear the offer he makes me for 5 (!) guitars, I knew I shouldn’t pass this by…After a week of serious thinking I decided to take the offer and bought them! So take a look to my Paul Stanley Designed PS400G Electric Washburn Guitar Set

The set includes 4 guitars with 4 amazing color custom Paul graphics…

Each guitar comes with a custom Paul Stanley Gig Bag, Signature Guitar Strap, Cord & 3 Paul Stanley Signature Guitar Picks

Besides these 4 PS400G electric guitars this offer also included a 5th guitar: a Paul Stanley PS11E Electric/Accoustic Washburn Guitar including a custom Gig Bag, Signature Guitar Strap & 3 Guitar Picks, scroll down to the latest photo to see this guitar…
These Paul Washburn Guitars are very cool, the graphics are awesome and I like the sound of them better than the past guitar line of Paul. I’ve admit that, when I didn’t got that offer, it would have probely take years to collect them…

My Gene Simmons Punisher!

I was searching for this guitar for almost 10 years! It wasn’t easy to find one. And if I find one there where a lot of reasons why I didn’t bought it, like the guitar was in the US, no signature or signature was wiped off, to high price ect. But finally I got him! I’m talking about the Gene Simmons Punisher Guitar

My black Punisher has never been played! The inlays in the neck of the guitar are still new. All strings are still the original ones. Still has the plastic on the cavity cover (back) and has also the bridge guard…

The Punisher came in his original leather guitar case with the Logo.
Gene’s original signature is still 100% intact, nothing of the signature has been wiped off! (white dots in pic is just dust)

There are only 1000 made of this Punisher and every guitar has been numbered by Gene himself!
So, after almost 10 years of searching I have finally add The Punisher to my KISS Collection…

So, here’s a photo of my wall of KISS Guitars…

5 comments:

Rockhead said...

Comments are copied from my old blog!

Chrystal says:
5 August 2006 at 16:12 Nice collection of guitars, I love them!!!
Reply remco says:
5 August 2006 at 16:31 awesome Carol!!!
Reply Albert says:
5 August 2006 at 17:01 Hoy Carol

Een vette gitaar die je nu hebt gekocht.
Neem nu wat gitaarlessen en je kunt spelen op Booch?
Groetjes Albert
Reply Rick says:
5 August 2006 at 18:45 Ik ben jaloers op deze gitaar collectie Rockhead!
Reply Shania says:
5 August 2006 at 18:46 I love these Paulie guitars, you’ve a awesome collection Carol.
Reply Nicole says:
6 August 2006 at 16:21 Alweer een mooie gitaar heb je weer bij je verzameling.
Reply marcel/hoolie says:
10 August 2006 at 23:49 mooi die gitaren. en die serie die paul nu uit gaat brengen passen daar mooi bij natuurlijk.
Reply Carol says:
12 August 2006 at 12:43 Inderdaad, die nieuwe Washburn gitaarlijn van Paul zien er mooi uit. Ik zal waarschijnlijk 1 van die serie gaan kopen in de toekomst, maar niet allemaal!

Ik wil eerst eens proberen om aan de Axe of Punisher basgitaar van Gene te komen…

Zo wie er 1 heeft kan altijd contact openemen met mij!

Probely will buy 1 of these new Washburn Paul guitars in the future…

First I’ll try to get my hands on the Axe or Punsiher bassguitar of Gene!

So if someone has 1 for sale you can always contact me…
Reply kabbie says:
12 August 2006 at 21:59 Die acoustische guitaar van Paul is dat een oude uitvoering ?
Hier zie ik de sterren niet op de hals en ook niet in de open ruimte.
Reply Carol says:
13 August 2006 at 15:11 @ Kabbie; Hoezo “oude” uitvoering? Het is natuurlijk de Silvertone Akkoustische gitaar van Paul.
De Washburns hebben die ster in de openruimte en hals, zijn alleen een stuk duurder dan die Silvertone gitaarlijn!
Reply Donna says:
13 August 2006 at 19:07 Very nice collection of Paul guitars, what do you think about the new washburn guitars? Will you buy them too?
Reply Dylan says:
20 August 2006 at 21:03 Wow very nice Paul guitars, nice collection, like the amp also
Reply spaceace says:
31 August 2006 at 17:17 Te gekke verzameling van Paul’s gitaren, mooi man!
Reply Nico says:
3 February 2007 at 13:37 Het is gelukt. Ik heb een Silvertone Sovereign Pro gitaar kunnen bemachtingen via Maxguitar in Den Haag voor 330 Euro. Er is ook een zaak in Rotterdam maar die had zijn prijzen inmidddels al verhoogd naar 399 Euro. Mogelijk vanwege de deal die Paul nu heeft met Washburn dat de Silvertone modelen nu uitverkocht gaan raken en daarmee dus zeldzamer.

Ik kan geen noot spelen maar wilde er een voor aan de muur. Hij is in het echt nog mooier dan ik had verwacht.

Groetjes,

Nico Elbers

Rockhead said...

Comments are copied from my old blog!

jerry beaz says:
14 April 2007 at 22:43 I will be selling my Axe Bass #303 on ebay next week if interested. Jerry
Reply mag says:
17 May 2007 at 15:39 Wow congrats on your new Gene guitar Rockhead!
Reply Lars says:
17 May 2007 at 15:55 Het is je eindelijk gelukt zie ik, mooie gitaar, ziet er goed uit.
Trouwens die gitaren van Paul mogen er ook zijn!
Reply Nicole says:
17 May 2007 at 17:34 ja ik wist dat je deze gitaar al lang zocht en ik ben blij voor je dat je hem nu hebt. ga je nu voor de andere gitaar van gene?
Reply Keith says:
17 May 2007 at 17:39 yep this is a cool guitar, I wished I had it. The only 1 I’ve is the latest black washburn from paul, I love it
Reply Lina says:
17 May 2007 at 18:55 Hey Carol I love your ‘Punisher’!!!
Reply Lars says:
17 May 2007 at 19:33 Ik ben weer jaloers op je rockhead, dit is weer een enorme mooie aanwinst in je collectie.
Het is namelijk erg moeilijk om hier deze gitaar te krijgen, vooral met invoerechten, porto en opassen met beschadigingen.
Ook zijn van de meeste gitaren de handtekeningen verdwenen of bespeeld.
Zo te zien heb je een obespeeld exemplaar.
Gefeliciteerd!
Reply EDDIE says:
17 May 2007 at 19:38 Nice guitarcollection Rockhead. The punisher is awesome!!!
Where did you get it?
Reply George says:
17 May 2007 at 20:23 Hey Carol. hug your punisher mate !!

It looks beautiful and i bet it sounds good !
Reply remco says:
18 May 2007 at 14:10 dit is toch niet meer normaal? ik word steeds jaloerser op je Carol!! waanzinnige aanwinst!
Reply Albert says:
19 May 2007 at 18:32 HoyCarol

Een schitterende gitaar wat je in je knuisjes houdt.Je had er lang naar gezocht schreef je maar het wachten heeft zich geloond zo te zien.Nu nog op gitaarles gaan en je speelt de medebewoners hun appartement uit!

Greetz Albert
Reply Rick says:
20 May 2007 at 13:01 Deze gitaar zou ik nu ook wel graag willen hebben, schijnt een killersound te hebben!
Reply Catwoman says:
20 May 2007 at 13:03 Wow Carol that looks soooo cool well done on your find!
Reply Keith says:
20 May 2007 at 13:10 That is cool. In the 90′s, I guess 10 years ago or so when they came out, I wanted to buy one. But that was before we had the internet where I lived, so the US magazine was over 3 months old when I got it, and when I called the number in the USA to buy one, they were sold out.

I could not think of a better owner than yourself. I am sure it will be in good hands for many years to come.

P.S. If I ever come to Holland, can I hold it?
Reply Linda says:
20 May 2007 at 13:10 Wow very nice bass. It looks so cool sitting there on that stand
Reply Starscream says:
20 May 2007 at 16:45 Ahhh well done. I know exactly how it feels trying to find that perfect guitar. I spent ages looking for my PS2000 Millenium.

Looks awesome mate!

Rockhead said...

Comments are copied from my old blog!

Cathy says:
20 May 2007 at 16:47 very very nice indeed Carol. glad your quest is over.
Reply live2win says:
20 May 2007 at 19:08 That’s awesome!! Well done on your find, Carol

Your collection is so amazing, you have so much!!
Reply tripel says:
22 May 2007 at 22:58 Pfff wat een verzameling man!
Wel weer iets schitterends.
Gefeliciteerd jongen!
Reply marcel/hoolie says:
22 May 2007 at 23:00 Well Well Carol, punishment of not having IT is over now.
congrats& greets;
Marcel
Reply paul says:
24 May 2007 at 14:21 waanzinnige gitaar, wat een collectie, petje af hoor!
Reply Jenn says:
27 May 2007 at 16:26 HEY – I just wanted to tellyou, my cousin got the punisher a few years back… he cleaned it, and like a tool, the signature came right off… i don’t know why he didn’t stop washing it..but whatever… just an FYI – in case it isn’t finished with a laquer or something, you should think about doing it to protect the sig… Yah.. stupidity runs in the family in case you’re wondering..haha. Enjoy it!!
Reply Randy says:
9 June 2007 at 14:50 hoi wat een vette site!!
Reply Rob says:
10 June 2007 at 19:47 Wow, I love this Punisher!
Very cool guitar to add to your collection Rockhead!
Reply Erik says:
15 September 2007 at 19:22 Wow incredible looking guitars! I like these washburns, I’ve only the signed one that came out last year, still in the box.
Reply arthur says:
15 September 2007 at 20:11 Mooi, mooi, ik zou ze ook graag zelf willen hebben
Reply Rockhead says:
16 September 2007 at 12:40 @ Arthur; Ik kon deze kans niet voorbij laten gaan!
Reply George says:
16 September 2007 at 16:24 Great guitars Carol ! I love the electric acoustic one
Reply Remco says:
16 September 2007 at 16:25 *nee ik ben niet jaloers!!! tralalala*
Reply Linda says:
16 September 2007 at 17:33 Wow they look brilliant
Reply Donna says:
16 September 2007 at 20:30 I see you’ve them, aren’t they awesome? I bought the Starchild one last month and I’ll buy his accoustic one later this month.
Reply Lina says:
16 September 2007 at 21:33 Carol your Paul Stanley guitars are awesome! Well done!!!
Reply simplemadness says:
22 September 2007 at 14:10 those are so cool Carol! lovd he guitar bag that came with it!
Reply fiyrhouse says:
22 September 2007 at 14:11 The guitars look awesome, especially the acoustic. I love the red/black combo. You must be thrilled!
Reply Roseann says:
22 September 2007 at 17:09 INCREDIBLE!! BEAUTIFUL!

****ROSEANN

Rockhead said...

Comments are copied from my old blog!

buddykiss says:
23 September 2007 at 14:39 Rockhead, nice additions to the collection.
Reply Leo says:
25 September 2007 at 17:54 Nice collection of guitars!
Reply Rick says:
14 October 2007 at 19:13 Geweldig man, die gitaren zijn om te smullen!!!
Reply Chrystal says:
11 November 2007 at 14:29 These Paul guitars are great, I really wish a Paul guitar for Christmas and I think my wish will come true.
Reply pekka jurvinen says:
10 February 2008 at 10:41 where you get this stuff???=D answer my email
Reply Rockhead says:
10 February 2008 at 12:56 All over the world…
Reply PHILGIN says:
17 February 2008 at 09:54 Just one word, GREAT !
Reply Webb marie-claire says:
13 March 2008 at 23:08 Ongeloofelijke knappe verzamelstukken!Wij gaan naar het optreden in Parijs en ik ben hopeloos op zoek naar het dames t-shirt met kiss logo in echte steentjes.weet jij een winkel in nederland of belgie?
Reply Kenny says:
9 June 2008 at 19:35 I got my Apocolyps special 2 christmas`s ago. Its The BEST soundind guitar I have! There is only one problem. The neck pickup is loose and wont tighten, and it falls out! But I still give this guitar 5 stars!
Reply Joop says:
23 June 2008 at 20:37 Hoi, je hebt al een mooie collectie, echter als je uitbreiding zoekt, kijk dan even op ebay.co.uk en zoek naar Paul Stanley en Ace Frehley. Je zult dan respectively een PS10 en een Gibson Ace Frehley Les Paul zien die ik op dit moment te koop aan biedt.

Was overigens ook in Nijmegen voor mijn 2e concert (1e was Zwolle 1980). Errug gaaf, vond alleen het publiek wat tam…
Reply arthur says:
3 December 2008 at 10:56 where can l by a guiters like that in melbourne victoria.
Reply Lisanne says:
11 January 2009 at 16:58 Echt,, super vette gitaren!! had ik ze maar(: ik heb wel die akkoesische zwarte met rood randje en paul stanley z’n gezicht erop vast gehad,, maar helaas ik heb maar een folderwijk,, anders had ik em zeker meegenomen!!

Xx Lisanne
Reply Doug says:
22 April 2010 at 23:40 Wow, awesome guitar!!!
Where did you get it from, it’s not avialable here???
Reply Marcel says:
22 April 2010 at 23:42 Ziet er supervet uit!
Reply Linda says:
23 April 2010 at 22:08 WOW!!! Awesome!!!
Reply Pierre says:
23 April 2010 at 23:46 Ziet er inderdaag super gaaf uit die axe, ik dacht dat deze pas in juni uitkwam?
Reply Hans says:
25 April 2010 at 21:36 sehr schöne sammlung die du da hast!
Reply John says:
25 April 2010 at 22:40 “Awesome!”
Reply Nico says:
26 April 2010 at 21:23 Waanzinnige gitaar man!

Rockhead said...

Comments are copied from my old blog!

ROSEANN says:
2 May 2010 at 17:26 WOW DUDE..THATS TOTALLY COOL!
Reply David says:
2 May 2010 at 18:07 Nog iets om van te watertanden, man wat een gave gitaar!
Reply Thundergod says:
3 May 2010 at 22:49 I musta been one of the last few who ordered it in time for the May ship date. I see now that they’ve been pushed back to August.
Reply loretta says:
16 September 2010 at 03:25 Hi carol….. loretta here eric carr’s sister..
you would more then likely know.. Eric Had a bass guitar which gene gave him .. it is clear lucite and is from the Schaffer-Vega Diversity System. Ken schaffer Group.. wire less.
do you know more about this.below is what internet says
The first rock band to place an order, in 1977, was Kiss, whose members were attracted primarily by a secondary benefit of Schaffer’s invention: it protected a musician from electric shock, a significant occupational hazard in the rock world at that time. (Kiss’s bassist had received a severe shock while playing on the group’s metal stage set. )… have you any more info.. would love to share a photo, with you and your friends
thanks
Loretta